Designed by Frank S. Perry, the Coro Building is a reinforced-concrete-frame building with narrow-brick-spandrel-and-glass curtain walls and detailing on the concrete piers and in the parapet at the top that recall the geometries of Art Deco. Similar to Perry’s Nemo Building of the previous year, this is set back from the street with a landscaped and enclosed yard in front. Cohn & Rosenburger, jewelry manufacturers established in New York, opened a Providence branch in 1911. This facility, expanded to the west just after World War II, was the city’s largest manufacturer of costume jewelry in those post-war years. Production continued here after Coro’s 1970 acquisition by Richton International, which closed the plant in 1979. The building was rehabilitated for use by a health-management organization in the early 1990s.
– 2003 Guide to Providence Architecture