Frank S. Perry’s modulations on a theme show decorative detailing slightly different from that on the Coro Building (167 Point Street). Unlike Coro, this is built to the lot line and responds quite delightfully to the corner of Ship and Richmond Streets with a smooth curve. Like Coro, this was an individually occupied corporate headquarters. The Little Nemo Manufacturing Company was established in 1913 by Benjamin and Charles Brier and Samuel Magid to manufacture imitation diamond jewelry, an activity that continued here until the late 1970s. The rehabilitation of the building at least serves to keep it in continuing use, now as offices; on the other hand, the fenestration could have been more thoughtfully designed, and the penthouse compromises the overall massing.
– 2003 Guide to Providence Architecture