Share This

While built as a private residence, this house has been home to the University Club since 1900 and presents itself very much as an institutional building, especially because of the scale introduced by Stone, Carpenter & Willson’s club dining room on the building’s north side. Originally late Federal in style, then enlarged and remodeled at mid-century in the Italianate mode, it achieved its current Colonial Revival in its turn-of-the-century conversion to a club house. William Kite Architects oversaw extensive remodeling in the late 1990s.

– 2003 Guide to Providence Architecture

© 2019 Guide to Providence Architecture. All rights reserved.
Design by J. Hogue at Highchair designhaus, with development & support by Kay Belardinelli.