The Willard B. Scott House, built in 1854, is a large, three-story Italianate-style house with low-hip roof, embellished with an elaborate door hood, scroll consoles, wide paneled eaves and second story round-arch windows. The bay windows and third story shingling date from later alterations. A 20th century renovation added the storefront at basement level.
Situated at the intersection of Camp and Cypress streets, the house represents the development of well-built, middle class, multi-unit housing in the Mount Hope area. Scott managed a jewelry firm. At the time it was included on PPS’s Most Endangered Properties list in 2001, the house was vacant and boarded and had suffered two arson incidents.
SAVED: The Willard B. Scott House underwent a complete interior and exterior restoration. As of February, 2019, it remains in good condition is appears to be fully occupied.