Ozro and Ella Heath built their quaint Bungalow in 1920. Ozro was in the steam- and gas-piping business. Their house is quintessential of the style – one story, with rooms built into a hip roof, a shingled exterior, and a wraparound piazza supported by slender Tuscan columns.
Bungalow houses were very popular in the first quarter of the 20th century. The layouts were simple and straightforward, and the costs to build were low – appealing to young families and first-time homebuyers. Many of the houses were built for the comfort of single-floor living, with open rooms and wide doorways, and abundant outdoor spaces, such as wraparound porches or verandahs. Some houses would have bedrooms tucked away in dormers meant to extend the living space within the roofline.
After the Heaths’ ownership, a later owner was Knight Edwards. Edwards was a lawyer and the son of William Edwards – a founder of the Providence law firm Edwards & Angell, established in 1894 and now known as Locke Lord.
— Festival of Historic Houses Guidebook, 2019