A wood-shingled, 5-bay-façade, Tuscan-column-porch-sheltered-center entrance house, this is typical of the smaller-scale Georgian Revival houses that proliferated across the country during the prosperous 1920s. The original format, center stair hall flanked by living room and dining room (with kitchen behind), has been enhanced by the creation of an ample family room that overlooks and provides access to a terrace with ivy-lined pool in the rear. While small in scale and appearance, this house is remarkably roomier than the first impression it gives, with three bedrooms and two baths on the second floor and two bedrooms and one bath in the ample attic story.
Thurston (1854-1935) was a manufacturer who lived on Orchard Avenue. His daughter and son-in-law Alma and Nathan Westcott lived here from the time the house was completed until 1933. In the meantime, the Thurstons moved into an apartment at the Wayland Manor, 500 Angell Street, completed just after this house, around the corner from their house on Orchard Avenue; after the Westcotts moved out of town, the Thurstons moved here.
– 2011 Festival of Historic Houses Guidebook