Martin & Hall were the architects for this six-story jewelry-manufacturing building, the headquarters of a company organized in 1861 to manufacture society emblems, pins, and charms. The handsome brownstone principal entrance at the north end of the Chestnut Street elevation, the pier-and-spandrel articulation of the wall surface, and the corbelled cornice all betoken the architectural elaboration of a corporate headquarters. The construction of this large L-plan building immediately after the second, income-producing building of the Vesta Knitting Mills further reveals a growth of the jewelry industry in the early twentieth century. In the late twentieth century this building was gradually converted to office use.
– 2003 Guide to Providence Architecture