The first house architect John Holden Greene built for his family and himself was originally only two stories high and narrower than it is today; the southernmost fenestration and the third floor are later nineteenth-century additions. But the rusticated façade surface, wood cut in imitation of rows of stone, and the broad elliptical fanlight over the principal entrance are original. Greene (1777-1850) lived here until he built a house on Power Street, farther east from here, in 1822.
– 2003 Guide to Providence Architecture
The images below are taken from the PPS Gowdey Database.