The Queen Anne-style P. Francis Walker House, built in 1887, is located on a prominent intersection in Providence’s Armory district. This 2½ story double house with an irregular hip-and-cross-gable roof, retains many of its original details including its dentil cornice and hexagonal corner turret. Other decorative elements include turned posts and incised ornament of the adjacent porch. Walker was born in Massachusetts in 1859 and moved to Providence in 1888 where he set up his medical practice after receiving his degree from Boston University. Dr. Walker was an active member of the Providence School Committee for 30 years. Prior to its inclusion on the 1996 and 1997 Most Endangered Properties lists, arson and vandalism threatened the vacant building.
SAVED: Like many other properties in the Armory District, this one has received a complete facelift thanks to assistance from the Providence Revolving Fund. As of February, 2019, it is occupied and in good condition.