Built in 1913 for the Terminal Warehouse Co. of RI, the Terminal Warehouse was a complex of two large, five-story, brick, pier-and-spandrel buildings set on the east side of Allens Avenue. These warehouses were intended as the two ends of a gargantuan warehouse at the Port of Providence, although the middle sections were never constructed. The buildings were used for the storage of freight from the State Pier and were considered burglar-proof and fireproof when constructed. The property was acquired by the Shepard Company in 1948.
LOST: This property was part of the city’s Industrial & Commercial Buildings District (ICBD), which was designed to provide protection for aging warehouse buildings. However, in 2011 due to its vacancy and lack of repairs the property was demolished.